Things to Do in Scottsdale - June 2020
Although things have changed over the last few months, many people are looking forward to resuming some of the activities they liked to do previously.
With that in mind, we are pulling together some ideas to get back outside and an inside option.
- Arizona Boardwalk (formerly OdySea) - The Arizona Boardwalk is now open with safety protocols in place. Most of the attractions are open, but you will want to check and see if reservations are required for a specific attraction.
- Phoenix Zoo - The Phoenix Zoo is reopening on June 15th. In the meantime, you can take a virtual tour or book a reservation to Cruise the Zoo from your car.
- City of Scottsdale Parks and Recreation - You are welcome to visit playgrounds, play tennis or pickleball, play basketball and more in Scottsdale.
- City of Scottsdale Pools - There are three pools now open for lap swimming. Recreational swimming, lessons and swim team will be introduced the week of June 22nd.
- Take a Hike (on a cooler day!) - Whether you want to explore the McDowell Sonoran Preserve or tackle Pinnacle Peak or Camelback, the trails are waiting for you!
- Visit a Lake or River - There are lots of bodies of water located around the Phoenix Metro area. Take a look at this list and see which one or ones most appeal to you.
- Drive-In Movies - Have a night out and take in a drive-in movie! There are several locations around the Valley offering them. However, this weekend is the final weekend of movies at the Scottsdale Princess and Salt River Fields and possibly a few other places.
- Heard Museum - The Heard Museum will be open to members from June 2nd - 7th. It will open to the public on June 9th.
- Top Golf Scottsdale - Ready to work on your golf game while having fun? Top Golf Scottsdale has opened. And when you are ready for a full round, local courses are open.
- Farmers Markets - While they are not fully open, you can still pre-order and pick up fresh produce and goods. The Old Town Scottsdale market will be open early mornings in June. The Carefree market will be open Friday mornings throughout the summer.