Things to Do in Scottsdale - Early April 2019
It is hard to believe April is here already, but things are not slowing down!
Things are still in full swing in and around Scottsdale. Since there are so many to cover, I am splitting this post into two separate posts.
- Electric Desert - Now - April 12th - Watch the desert come alive during this stunning light and sound installation at the Desert Botanical Gardens.
- Mummies of the World - April 1st - 30th - The Arizona Science Center is hosting this exhibit that includes 40 mummies from all over the world as well as other historical artifacts.
- "Point of View" Art Experience - April 5th - July 21st - This interactive and immersive art experience will debut at Scottsdale Fashion Square. There will be light-based works as well as a virtual reality installation.
- Run the Runway - April 6th - This is the seventh year people of all ages can run down the runway at the Scottsdale Airport in the name of charity. There is a 10K race, 5K walk or run and a 1-mile kids course. Proceeds will go to Playworks Arizona.
- Phoenix Home & Garden Magazine's 2019 Garden Tour - April 6th - Tour stunning gardens, outdoor living areas and landscapes and meet with master gardeners and landscapers on this self-guided tour.
- Cultural Connections at OdySea - April 6th - This free afternoon Rhythms of the World event will take place at OdySea and will feature drumming performances from all over the globe.
- Carefree Community Block Party - April 6th - Carefree is hosting its second Community Block Party. Head on over to Easy Street to enjoy camaraderie with your community and meet local business owners. There will be a dunk tank, a lemonade stand, splash pad and beer and wine garden and much more!
- Sunday A'Fair - April 7th - This is the last Sunday A'Fair of the season at the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall. Bring a blanket, a picnic and enjoy live music and art for sale. There will also be food and drink for purchase.
- Phoenix Film Festival - April 4th - 14th - The Phoenix Film Festival returns to the Harkins Scottsdale 101 for another year. It will screen almost 300 films from all genres plus there will be seminars, parties and more.
- Sip of Scottsdale Artwalk - April 11th - Stroll the streets of Old Town and visit art galleries. While you enjoy the art, enjoy samples of various Arizona wines.
- Disney on Ice - April 11th - 14th - Bring the family to the Talking Stick Resort Arena to see all of their favorite Disney characters. You can plan on seeing everyone from Ariel to Lightning McQueen.
- Scottsdale Culinary Festival - April 13th - 14th - This fun event will take place over the weekend at the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall. There will be lots of restaurants, food trucks and beverages offered as well as live entertainment and culinary demonstrations.
- Party for the Planet - April 13th - The Phoenix Zoo will be celebrating Earth Day with Party for the Planet. Not only will you get to see all of the Zoo's animals, you will also learn about how you can learn more about how to be more "green" and help the planet. There will also be an opportunity to recycle your old textiles and the zoo will get a monetary donation based on the weight of the items recycled.
As always, this is just a small number of the things going on in and around Scottsdale in early April. If you would like some additional ideas, feel free to reach out.