Things to Do in Scottsdale - October 2018
Scottsdale Events - October 2018
Here is a collection of events coming up in October in and around Scottsdale.
- Arizona State Fair - October 5th - 28th - The Arizona State Fair kicks off in October and is jam-packed with events! Experience the rides, snack on treats and enjoy live music and performances. There are many A-list performers scheduled to play!
- Arizona Fall Baseball League - October 9th - November 17th - Can't get enough baseball? The MLB's top prospects will be competing at Salt River Fields. Each day will feature two AFL games.
- Taste of the Biltmore - October 11th - Have some fun, sample tasty food and drinks from local restaurants all the while supporting two well-deserving charities.
- Electric Desert at the Desert Botanical Gardens - October 12th - May 12th - This is one event I am really excited to attend. This exhibit will transform the desert with lights and sound. You will experience seven different sensory exhibits. Click here for a preview video from the DBG about what to expect.
- Arizona Taco Festival - October 13th - 14th- This local favorite is back for its 9th year. Two full days of tacos, live music, drinks and fun. Events include a chili pepper eating contest, a chihuahua beauty parade and more. Plus, there is a Kid's Zone for the little ones.
- Taste of Cave Creek - October 17th - 18th - Stagecoach Village is where you will find this two evening food and drink festival featuring 30 restaurants. There will also be a cooking competition where local chefs go head-to-head in a cookoff.
- Gelato Festival - October 20th - 21st - Calling all gelato lovers! Kierland Commons is hosting a two-day Gelato Festival. All of the gelato makers are in the running for a chance at the world championship.
- Dia de los Muertos Festival - October 28th - Experience Dia de los Muertos in downtown Phoenix at this one-day festival. There will be mariachis, mask making, food and drink, dance performances and a marketplace to stroll through.
BONUS: With the arrival of Fall, the Farmers' Market scene starts to ramp up. AZ Central pulled together a list of 34 Farmers' Markets from all over the Valley. Enjoy!
As always, this is just a small list of things going on. Please feel free to add any others in the comment section.
Also, keep an eye out for my updated annual Halloween pumpkin patch and corn maze post!
Disclaimer: Events subject to change.