Holiday Events in Scottsdale 2016
- 2016 Holiday Celebrations in Scottsdale -
Here are some noteworthy celebrations and events going on over the next month:
- Cookies with Claus at the Four Seasons Scottsdale - December 10th and 17th - Little ones will create their own special cookies and as they are baking, will get to enjoy the hot chocolate bar, write letters to Santa and listen to stories read by Mrs. Claus.
- Phoestivus - December 8th and 15th - Fans of Seinfeld will love this event taking place twice in December ad the Phoenix Open Air Market. In addition to all of the Seinfeld references - Airing of Grievances anyone? - there will be 130 local vendors with their offerings.
- Gainey Village's Sips & Sounds - December 8th - From 5 to 8PM, head over to The Shops at Gainey Village for a free event that includes pictures with Santa, live music, carriage and train rides and carolers. Nibbles will be provided by Panera and some of the other restaurants.
- Carefree Christmas Festival - December 9th - 11th - Downtown Carefree will turn into a winter wonderland with 40 tons of snow, a pet parade, fireworks, a visit from Santa and more!
- Holiday Lights at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park - December 9th through January 1st - This annual event is a favorite. Every evening (except December 24, 25 and 31) the park comes alive with thousands of lighted displays. Hop on the train for a magical tour of the exhibits.
- Scottsdazzle - Now through January 1st - Downtown Scottsdale has over a month of dazzling lights and events going on. The Soleri Bridge area will twinkle with over a million lights. And during Hanukkah, there will be a nightly menorah lighting at the Scottsdale Civic Center Plaza. Champagne tours, art events and holiday markets are just a few of the fun things planned.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Garden - Now through December 31st - On select evenings throughout the month, 8,000 luminaria lanterns will be hand-lit and provide a beautiful glow all through the Desert Botanical Garden. Live entertainment and cocoa will add to the fun.
- Phoenix Zoo's Zoolights - Now through January 8th - Zoolights is back for its 25th year! Millions of lights bring hundreds of displays to life nightly. December 9th, 16th and 23rd will feature special performances and don't miss out on the Polar Slide Tubing.
- Christmas at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - Now through January 1st - This is the 7th year the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has hosted its Christmas celebration and this year is bigger and better than ever. Lights, train rides, an ice skating rink, S'moresland and more await visitors young and old.
As always, this is just a partial list, so feel free to add any other events in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Originally posted on Live Better in Scottsdale